Thursday, May 13, 2010

Never go to a Priest for marital issues


Tuesday morning I call my children's school and ask if they were there and they said "no".  I go to the school hoping to speak to the priest.  They weren't sure what time he was coming in.  I spoke to the school principal and called some of the other parishioners that were our friends because I needed support.
I waited all day for the priest and I called Martin and told him I wanted us to talk to him together.  He told me he would come in when the priest gets there.

Finally about 4pm the priest comes in and Martin arrives with his mom in tow again.  I told Martin I didn't want his mom in the room with us well we speak to the priest and he agreed.

We are sitting with the priest and Martin starts crying.  He is telling me about how wonderful I am and shares that he fears that I would call the cops on him and have him arrested; I don't blame him for this because it wasn't the correct way to handle things.  I should of done things different but I didn't know what to do.  The priest looks at me and says "I don't blame Martin for wanting a divorce".  Martin then says he wants me to get an alcohol evaluation and I told him that I don't drink alone I drink with him when we do drink.  He then turns to me and says that he thinks I haven't gotten over the loss of our first baby and wants me to admit myself to a psyche ward.  I told him I think you have to be suicidal for that and I ask him if I'm supposed to lie and he says "yes".  I turn to the priest and ask him the same question and he tells me to do what I have to do to get in.  Martin then calls our family doctor and tells her I'm suicidal and he won't let me speak to her.  

On the way to the ER we stop at a grocery store and I pick up a few items.  He is holding my hand and telling me that when this is done we would go to where we had our Honeymoon.  He had his mother with us.  When we arrive at the hospital she tells me I better be good at lying to get in to save my marriage.  All the way there she is telling me what to say.  We then arrive at the ER and I told the social worker I was not suicidal and wanted to live for my children.  Martin told me he would seek counseling and wanted to save our marriage.  He said he would finally get help and he would bring the kids to see me.



1 comment:

  1. Never go to a priest for marital issues - AMEN, sister!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to three amazing children!!!

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

"Crazy For You" is for the son I lost "Dance" I dedicate to my children


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones