Monday, May 17, 2010

Good Morning and needing WD-40

I wish this was a better morning for me.  I'm feeling pretty low with all the unknowns in my life at this point.  I didn't sleep very well with the wheels in my head spinning; I think I need to put some WD-40 in my ears sometime soon because my brain is getting tired.

One of my best friends and I were talking about all the things we used to have; the big houses, nice stuff, money and not feeling lonely or having to worry about mortgage payments or cars.  I told her I'm looking at this in a different light.  I think God made things happen so we can learn to appreciate people and ourselves more and forget about the materialistic things. There is always a message and something to learn if we dig deep enough.

I think we got so used to our "Stuff" that we forgot about the more important things in life.  Times are tough for a lot of people not just us divorcees but other people who lost their jobs, their savings and people who are ill and can't work not by choice but because of the burden of illness, these people aren't living like they used to either.  We are all living much more simple lives and that's not such a bad thing.  After all Jesus didn't drink "Crystal Champagne" or Mary didn't have "Ethan Allen" furniture.  Most of the things we "think" we need are actually luxuries.

I was disappointed that I was unable to speak to my daughter lastnight.  I did however speak to my boys and they were excited because they caught 30 fish all together.  I make sure to tell them how much I love them and miss them when I talk to them.  C was in the shower and Martin was supposed to have her call me back that but that never happened.  I look forward to our call tonight.

Since I don't have a secure job right now and don't know alot of people in this town I feel as if I'm living my life for every other weekend when I can spend time with my children.  It's a very lonely place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to three amazing children!!!

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

"Crazy For You" is for the son I lost "Dance" I dedicate to my children


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones