Friday, May 14, 2010

Meeting with the Guardian ad Litem November 2008

I wasn't really sure what to expect but I do know that 90% of the time the judge sides with them.  When we meet of course I'm not myself; how could I be after all that has been said and done.  Yes, I'm human and everyone is telling me how to behave.  Well I can't act is if I have it all together because at this point I don't.


I did some research on her before our meeting and found many remarks that aren't very good and I did find some that were; but mostly remarks about how this GAL mostly sides with the dads.

Before our meeting I gathered all my medical records as well as the kids and she basically has nothing to do but read them.  I paid for these items which saved her alot of time and money and she was still getting paid by Martin and myself.  I wanted to be completely upfront with her and told her everything.  She sat there without an expression on her face.



I'm sure while our divorce was pending the mistakes I made played into her decision.  She seemed to be on vacation all the time and communication was hard to come by with her.  This women was holding all the cards on the future with my children.

In the end she sided with Martin; he put on his boyscout outfit like he always did in public but little do these people know behind closed doors he's a completely different person when he's not on stage in front of an audience.

Having a GAL made me even more frantic because I felt like I was under a microscope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to three amazing children!!!

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

"Crazy For You" is for the son I lost "Dance" I dedicate to my children


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones